CPSC 185: Control, Privacy and Technology
Brad Rosen (email@example.com)
F, 3:30-5:30, ROOM TBA
(1) Crazy Laws & Prosecutorial Discretion
- Inmates of Attica Correctional Facility v Rockerfeller, 477 F2d 375 (2d Cir. 1973):http://cases.justia.com/us-court-of-appeals/F2/477/375/1514/
- Lon Fuller, The Case of The Speluncean Explorers: http://www.nullapoena.de/stud/explorers.html
- Miller v. Skumanick, Order [Order] (Optional: Skim Complaint [Complaint])
- Miller v. Skumanick, 3rd Cir. Appeal Pages: 4-11, Skim 14-21, 22-35.
- United States v. Dougherty 473 F.2d 1113 (D.C. Cir. 1974) condensed opinion
- United States v. Krzyske, 857 F.2d 1089 (6th Cir. 1988) and United States v. Krzyske, 836 F.2d 1013 (6th Cir. 1988) (read sections on jury nullification)
- Tang, Xiyin: The Perverse Logic of Teen Sexting Prosecutions (And How To Stop It)
[N.B. The Fuller Article and the Inmates of Attica case serve as a framework for a number of the issues we will discuss in the class].